Follistatin – Benefits, Side effects and Dosage for effective bodybuilding
Follistatin is a peptide, of late widely used among athletes and bodybuilders because of its outstanding properties in muscle bodybuilding. Follistatin is known to be involved in muscle growth, fertility and inflammation. Stacking it in the right way will enhance muscle growth. Follow up for more details about follistatin dosage and side effects.
What is follistatin?
Follistatin is a glycoprotein compound made up of protein and sugar molecules. It is produced by the liver and can be seen in damaged tissue parts. Follistatin will induce cell growth and recovery. There are different forms of follistatin which are found in different parts of the body and each of them has its own functionality.
- Follistatin 344 is the general form of follistatin available. It is widely used in gene therapy. This will be utilized by the body and used in different forms according to requirements.
- Follistatin 315 is found in the bloodstream. This is the peptide that primarily targets blood tissues.
- Follistatin 288 is involved in reproductive health. It plays a prime role in tumors and cancer cell development.
- Follistatin 300 is involved in cardiac inflammation and reshaping nerve connections.
How does follistatin work?
Follistatin obstructs the activity of many distinct proteins and hormones such as:
- Activins, which are indulged in apoptosis, endocrine homeostasis, fibrosis inflammation, metabolism, neurogenesis, tubulogenesis of endothelial cells, bone growth and cancer development.
- Myostatin is the hormone which obstructs muscle growth.
- GDF-11 is a growth factor that is involved in bone development.
- Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), is a reproductive hormone involved in the development of eggs and sperm (gametes)
Follistatin’s impacts on cancer and in reproductive health stem when it interacts with activins. In contrast, follistatin’s influences on muscle growth occur when it interacts with myostatin.
What are the benefits of follistatin?
The primary benefits of follistatin are its effect on lean muscle mass. Research has revealed that it effectively decreases myostatin activity and makes way for a substantial increase in muscle growth.
Apart from stimulating muscle growth, Follistatin is also known to prevent the accumulation of fat molecules in the body. Research also shows that follistatin is effective in reducing the size of the fat-storing cells (adipocytes).
Follistatin for muscle bodybuilding
Follistatin 344/315 is a protein commonly used for muscle growth. It is made up of non-essential amino acid cysteine, but are attached with carbohydrates, which is called a glycoprotein. Follistatin 344 and 315 are engineered analogs of commonly available Follistatin. It is a primary myostatin inhibitor. Myostatin restricts the quantity and how quickly you can build muscle. Follistatin 344/315, therefore, allows bodybuilders and athletes to gain muscle beyond expected levels, which makes it a prominent option amongst other bodybuilders.
Follistatin 344 is the fundamental form of Follistatin. It is largely used in gene therapy, where the gene provokes to create extra Follistatin in the body. On the other hand, Follistatin 315 is originated in the bloodstream and predominantly targets muscle tissue, which makes it the best option for athletes.
Side effects and dosage of follistatin
The only reported side effect of follistatin usage is increased DOMS (Delayed Onset of Muscular Soreness). If you are under any medications discuss with your doctor for further advice before using this peptide.
Popularly Suggested Dosing Guidelines for Follistatin
However, one ten-day cycle will work sufficiently for three months. It is advised to use dosages of 100 to 200 mcg one time per day, for a duration of 10-20 days. Always begin from a lower dose to gauge efficacy. It is recommended to use other peptides like PEG-MG, Ipamorelin, GHRP-6GF or Hexarelin along with Follistatin 344 to enhance the results.
So effectively stack this follistatin peptide in your bodybuilding stack, work effectively in the gym and follow a proper diet, get enough sleep to build muscle mass.