A Complete Guide To Making Kratom Tea
For many centuries, Kratom tea was known in Southeast Asia for its numerous health benefits. In recent times, a few people have tagged it as a worthy substitute for opioid-based painkillers. Although there are many ways to ingest Kratom tea, it is best taken in its tea form because the potent alkaloids contained therein are better absorbed when heated. Meanwhile, others mix the powder with protein shakes or yoghurt. The rest, unable to withstand the unpleasant taste, opt for capsules. Regardless of the method of ingestion, high-quality Kratom tea presents many health benefits to the user.
If taken in the form of tea, Kratom tea may be purchased in the powder or crushed form and subjected to boiling or brewing for maximum flavour. There are many variations in the making of Kratom tea, each with complementary recipes. Fortunately, the recipes are easy, straightforward, and precise. From the comfort of your home, you can prepare a hot cup of Kratom tea by following any of the recipes.
Benefits of Kratom Tea
- As an energy booster – Similar to coffee, Kratom boosts energy levels and enhances the mood effectively. To supplement your energy levels, you can take a cup of Kratom tea in the morning or during the daytime.
- For relaxation and calmness – For high levels of stress or anxiety, Kratom tea contains Mitragynine, an active compound that relaxes the neuromuscular junctions in the human body.
- Recovery from addiction – Instead of opioid drugs, Kratom prevents the urge for opiates during opiate recovery. The simple mechanism is by mimicking the way opioids affect the central nervous system and the human brain but negating their harmful effects in the end.
- Mood enhancement – At the Universiti Putra Malaysia, the mood-enhancing nature of Kratom was put to the test. After injecting the mice with a dose of Miytragynine, the antidepressant property of the tea was confirmed. Over time, many people have ingested Kratom tea to improve their moods and fight depression.
- Pain relief – Largely the most popular benefit of the tea, the pain-relieving property of Kratom tea expresses itself by chronic numbing illnesses associated with different medical conditions.
Brewing Kratom Tea
To make Kratom tea, you will need lemon juice, crushed or powdered Kratom leaves, a kettle, a digital scale, and a French press. Some sweeteners may come in handy if you need to augment the taste. Albeit the bitter taste of Kratom leaves may demand some sweeteners, use recommended sweeteners to avoid a compromise in performance.
The Kratom Tea Recipe
- Depending on the desired effect, metabolism, and concentration of the Kratom leaves, measure the dosage of Kratom tea. On average, about 3g will deliver sufficient effects for starters.
- Boil some water in the kettle. Then, measure one cup of hot water into the powdered Kratom and add two tablespoons of lemon juice. Transfer all to the French press.
- Stir occasionally for 15 minutes.
- To extract more alkaloids, wash the Kratom mixture. Transfer the tea to a mug and top off with half a cup of warm water and two tablespoons of lemon juice. Put in the French press and occasionally stir for another 10 minutes.
- You may add sweeteners, including raw honey and stevia into the Kratom mixture.
- Stir and allow to cool before drinking your homemade Kratom juice.
Some of the advantages of taking Kratom in the form of tea include:
- Preventing abdominal pain – A common reaction when taking Kratom is abdominal pain. Considered an adverse reaction of consuming Kratom, users have linked the response to taking both moderate or excessive portions of Kratom. But anecdotal evidence suggests that Kratom tea is devoid of this undesirable effect.
- Lemon juice is a potentiator – Kratom alkaloids are better absorbed in the body when dissolved in specific citric acids. Besides, Kratom possesses some psychoactive elements that are protected in an acid medium. For that reason, the effect of Kratom tea is enjoyed for more extended periods.
- Better taste – A better option than the powdered form, Kratom tea creates an enjoyable experience for people that detest the taste of raw Kratom.
Ultimately, Kratom tea is the most suitable consumable form of the herb. Apart from the beautiful ritual of brewing your drink, the entire process puts the mind in a state of tranquil and relaxation.